I recently attended a cooking demo by Chef Pierre Lamielle– Calgary based cooking instructor, organic enthusiast, author, illustrator, winner of Chopped Canada and seriously, one of the funniest people I’ve ever met.
Don’t like Brussels? It’s not your fault. Steam them and they turn into little fart-bombs.
That stuck, and this Thanksgiving I decided to try something a little different.
- 4-5 cups Brussels Spouts- ends trimmed, cleaned and sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Mix the marinade together in a large bowl (everything except the spouts)
- Add in the sprouts and mix altogether.
- Place spouts on a baking sheet (single layer). I line with tin foil to make clean up easier.
- Roast for about 20 min, turning once.