It’s true: I love chocolate. And while I also do enjoy a good quality piece of dark or milk chocolate, I also like combining taste with physical nourishment.
Disclaimer: While these chocolate date energy balls are a great source of good quality fats, and are made with whole foods, dates are still pretty high in sugar.
No matter what you’re eating, remember that relaxed, mindful eating is a cornerstone habit to practice!
- 1 cup (ish) dates (soaked if they were dry)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Coconut milk to reach ideal texture
- Put all ingredients in a food processor except for coconut milk.
- Puree until the dates are in small chunks. Add coconut milk slowly, blending each time you add a bit, until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheet and store in the freezer. Once they are frozen you can transition to another container (so they don't all freeze together in one clump).
- You can add in other dry ingredients such as ground nuts. Feel free to experiment!