- Why the body may on to extra fat during the 40s and beyond (especially around the midsection)
- Exactly why nutrition is so much more than calories in and calories out
- What foods to focus on to optimize your health through your 40s and beyond
- What type of exercise is important through your 40s and beyond- and why cardio may be working against you, not for you
Jenny May has generously put together a special download “The Truth About Midlife Weight Gain”. Click here to download!
And if you’re new to strength training, I’ve also put together a home strength workout to get you started.
Jenny May has over 25 years of research on diet and exercise with the purpose of gaining a deeper understanding in regards to how diet and exercise affects your hormone profile, performance and body fat levels.Jenny May believes that whether you are over 40 and want to lose belly fat or an equestrian trying to enhance your riding performance or an athlete (or weekend warrior) looking to run faster, jump higher, and play harder you should receive the same quality of training and care as a professional / Olympic level athlete, which is why Jenny May seeks to be the best by learning from the best coaches in the health & wellness industry.
Certifications: ISSA, Biosignature Modualtion, HKC, FMS, Author of Menopausal Fitness & You, Bachelors of Chemistry
And finally, in case you weren’t taking notes during the show, I’m here for you!
Here are a few of the hot tips (we go over everything in much more detail in the podcast… this is just the quick version!)
1. Drink plenty of water: plain water!
2. Add foods that are high in aceylcholine- including eggs (yolks too!), salmon, dairy, poultry, meat, broccoli, peanut butter and dark chocolate.
3. Eat protein at each meal- helps to stabilize blood sugar levels.
4. Strength train, ideally 3-4 x per week.
5. Reduce stress.
6. Add cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli cauliflower, kale and cabbage to your diet (eat lots!)
We’ve also just started the Fit & Vibrant Life Community! This is the group if you’re ready to ditch the diet, reclaim your health and get the body and kick ass life you want (and deserve!) I’m here to help you!
Thanks For Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. I really look forward to getting to know you in the months to come. If you have a question that you would like answered, or need a bit of extra help in a certain area, please take a moment to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you liked this episode, please share it!
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment and leave a review for the Fit and Vibrant You Podcast in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the show, and I am so grateful for your feedback.