As the seasons change from summer to fall, I find that I get re-inspired in the kitchen. It’s time to say good bye to so many cool salads, and hello to hot stews and delicious, spicy, one pot meals.
It’s time to say hello to Red Thai Coconut Chicken Curry! This one pot meal is full of healthy fats, veggies, and protein to fuel your body and flavours to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy!
And if you want more, be sure to check out the 3 Day Meal Plan & Love your Body Mini Cleanse.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp. red curry paste (I used Thai Chicken)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced,
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 cups soup stock
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- Arrow root or corn starch (optional for thickening)
- 6 cups mixed veggies: I used thinly sliced carrots, peppers, celery and water chestnuts
- To serve: cilantro (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a wok over medium heat.. Add garlic, ginger, onion, curry paste and a few spoons of coconut milk. Stir fry until veggies are soft and translucent. Don't let it burn!
- Add rest of veggies. Stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until outsides are no longer pink.
- Add rest of coconut milk, soup stock, and partially cooked chicken to veggie mix.
- Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Optional: add corn starch or arrow root powder for thickening.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if you're a cilantro lover!
- Serve on its own, or over cooked rice or riced cauliflower.