Hands up if you like ice cream! I certainly do, but my body feels better when I don’t eat regular ice cream. My body also feels way better when I don’t consume sugar other than my regular 2-3 servings of fruit a day.
I know that ideally we could enjoy some sweets and get on with things, but when I start to eat sugar, I just want more! Can you relate?
While bananas, and all fruit, does contain sugar, fruit also comes with fibre, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Plus. natural sugar doesn’t seem to have the same ‘addictiveness’ that refined sugar does.
When you want a treat, this banana coconut chocolate ice cream is only about 3 minutes away, as long as you have the ingredients on hand and a banana in the freezer!
- 1/2 ripe banana, frozen and sliced
- 3 tbsp. full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp. cocoa
- *Optional: handful of cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until the ingredients has the consistency of ice cream (approx. 30 seconds). You may need to pause once and scrape down the sides with a spatula.