Did you have a great morning today?
If you did, it probably wasn’t by accident.
A) Made the decision (even if you didn’t consciously do it!) when you woke up to have a GREAT morning. And/or …
B) It was great by DEFAULT because you’ve created your own morning routine that set you up for a successful day!
What you do in the morning can set the tone for the ENTIRE day.
And it’s not just the “day” that gets set up for success …. it actually creates the foundation for reaching your goals and creating the life you want to live.
I’m a firm believer in having some kind of morning routine- even if it just takes 2-3 minutes a day.
My morning routine has evolved over the past 10 years, but there are 5 ‘themes’ that have stayed consistent. Here are 5 things that will help guide you when you create your morning routine.
An effective morning routine should:
1. Support your goals. Your morning routine should align with what’s important to you and what you’re working towards.
2. Help you feel ENERGIZED! Your choices should GIVE you energy so you’re ready to take on your day.
3. Create FOCUS + INTENTION. When you wake up in the morning, you have a choice about how you’re going to spend your day. Creating an intention/focus each day is important so you can be PROactive and live each day with purpose.
4. Elevate your MINDSET. Your morning routine should put you into a positive state of mind. Do something that fires you up and empowers you to be your absolute best.
5. Be SIMPLE! If your routine is too complicated or long, you’re not going to stick with it. Keep it simple and short enough that you could do it even if you sleep in or when you’re on vacation (or at least have a modified version when time is tight).
Can you think of a few great new ways to get your day started in the morning?
Here are a few ideas to start with (pick 1-3 to start with!):
- Read your goals
- Plan your day (including actions to make progress toward your goals)
- Read or listen to something to elevate your mindset: www.fitvibrant50.com/thewakeupcall
- Think about 3 things you’re grateful for
- Drink a big glass of water (quick win to start your day)
- Move your body- either a workout, or something simple like 3 minutes of stretching
We believe it’s SO important to make sure you set your day up for success.
This is also one of the things I help my clients integrate into their lives – so they can make their goals a reality.
If you’re still reading this email right now, it’s for a reason…
What will you do to win your morning?
Own your day,
P.S. If you want to start each day with the inspiration and motivation you need to become a fitter, healthier, more confident, and happier version of yourself, you’ll LOVE the Morning Wake Call. Try it out for yourself for 14 days. If you don’t love it, simply reply to any of the morning emails and I’ll refund your money, no questions asked. Get Access here: www.fitvibrant50.com/thewakeupcall