“Weight loss is a joyous consequence”. YES!
I first connected with Karina Melvin in a course we took together about writing copy. As I got to know Karina and how she works with her clients, I knew you would love to hear from her. I love how Karina focuses on why and how we eat, not what we eat.
Karina Melvin has spent over ten years training in the fields of psychology and psychotherapy and now lectures in psychotherapy at University College Dublin and runs her own clinic, Sandymount Psychotherapy where she specializes in weight loss therapy. Her mission is to encourage people to ‘ditch the diet’ and learn the magic of eating for pleasure. She teaches that when you get clear on the fact that weight loss is not about what you eat but why and how you eat you will begin to enjoy a whole new way of being in your body.
In the interview we talk about:
- Why our bodies are hardwired to resist dieting
- What it means to eat the food you enjoy and LOSE WEIGHT… and how you can too
- Your personal stories and what you believe to be true about yourself can limit your potential… and how to re-write your story
- Simple mindset changes to ‘flip the switch’ and view pushing your plate away as a pleasurable experience
- The transition from being a ‘controlled eater’ to an ‘intuitive eater’
Be sure to also join the Fit & Vibrant Life Community! This is the group if you’re ready to ditch the diet, reclaim your health and get the body and kick ass life you want (and deserve!) I’m here to help you!
Thanks For Tuning In!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. I really look forward to getting to know you in the months to come. If you have a question that you would like answered, or need a bit of extra help in a certain area, please take a moment to email me at email@example.com
I’d so appreciate if you take a moment and leave a review for the Fit and Vibrant You Podcast in iTunes. When you rate and review the show, it really helps others discover the show, and I am so grateful for your feedback.