I make this dip… a lot. When I’m invited out to a BBQ and want to bring something to share, or when I have friends over, I usually bring out this dish. Not only is it always a hit, but it only takes about 15 minutes to put together, you can make it ahead of time, and it uses ingredients that you can easily keep on hand. I just hope I still get invited out now that I’ve shared my secret recipe 😉
I hope you, your friends and family enjoy it!
- 1/2 can re-fried beans (I use spicy beans)
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Spring onions
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 large avocado
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or 1 -2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Tortilla chips or raw veggies
- In a serving dish, spread the re-fried beans to form the first layer of the dip.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado. Mix in the garlic, salt, and lime juice.
- Spread the guacamole to form the second layer of the dip.
- Spread the sour cream to form the third layer (I didn't specify the amount of sour cream needed because I never measure. A thin layer is perfect.)
- Pour salsa to form the fourth layer. Spread evenly.
- Next layers are grated cheese (fifth), spring onions (sixth) and diced tomatoes (seventh!). I hate olives, so they never show up on my dip. But, you olive lovers out there, go nuts!