It’s no secret that I’m a HUGE fan of avocado. When I dine out, I am naturally drawn to items that have avocado. I love the taste of avocado on its own, but I also find that the types of food that are topped with avocado tend to be really good as well.
This egg & avo salad is another variation of my “Super Secret Salad Dressing”. I made a short video to show you how to make it: click here for the video!
Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and fat, while avocado is full of more heart healthy fats. Mix it with some fresh greens, and you have a great meal. I often have this salad for lunch or breakfast and I stay energized for hours!
- 1 ripe avocado (medium to large size)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar (I don't actually measure)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or fresh garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Generous amount of mixed greens: I used radicchio, spinach and Romaine. When I say generous, I mean generous! Probably about 4-5 cups per person. No one ever said "I really need to eat fewer leafy greens".
- In a large salad bowl (I searched for a long time to find a bowl large enough!), mash the avocado with a fork until pretty smooth. Some chunks are okay. Add the vinegar, eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
- Add the greens and toss! Add more vinegar or salt/pepper if needed.
- I decorated the salad with a few more slices of egg for presentation as I made it for a party. Usually I don't bother.