This recipe has become a staple in our household. It’s simple, the ingredients are always on hand, and it’s delicious!
I prefer the dish served over spaghetti squash and with a nice big green salad (with avocado dressing of course!)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3-4 large peppers, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1-2 onions, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped so they are approx. the same size as the peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- Garlic or garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste (if the salsa is salted, you can likely pass on the salt
- 4-6 servings of cooked protein of your choice (I've used diced chicken, black beans, my dad's homemade sausage, and leftover steak)
- a dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Heat coconut oil In a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add onions and cook til they soften, stirring so they don't burn 🙂
- Add peppers and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add salsa and protein and heat through!
- This is a staple in our house. Enjoy!